Snacking on a Low FODMAP diet can be tough. Making a batch of these delicious energy bars though is super easy and the oats are a great boost mid-morning, mid-afternoon or if you’re like me as a sweet treat in the evening!
- 100g of Butter
- 120g of Maple Syrup
- 120g of Brown Butter
- 240g of Oats
- 100g of Raisins
- 100g of Pecans
- 75g of Pine Nuts
1) Pre-heat the oven to 150 Degrees Celsius (Fan Oven) and prepare a medium sized baking tin with baking parchment or butter
2) Melt the butter, syrup and sugar on a low heat until combined
3) Take the mixture off the heat and add the oats, raisins, pecans and pine nuts (Note: It will not “hold” together like a dough but if it seems too crumbly add a little more syrup. Don’t worry it should firm up in the baking and cooling process to come!)
4) Tip the mixture into your prepared tin and press/flatten with a wooden spoon
5) Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown
6) Leave to cool (this will ensure the mixture holds together) and then cut into squares and store in a container until ready to enjoy!